Protect Me!

Wicked and evil,
my own heart
seeks to destroy me from the inside out!

Like a plush red apple,
delicious to the eyes,
but on the inside
larva and worms eat away the good!

Oh wicked heart of mine you are my enemy!

Why do you twist truth into a lie?
Why dp you make void righteousness?
You deceived me into feeling deceitful emotions!

What a treacherous thing you have done to me!
What a despicable act you have caused!

You have taken the low road,
because you are full of hatred for the truth!

My own mind was almost deceived!
My own blood poured on the ground!

Oh how I hate all that is evil!
Oh how I hate every lie!

Yet for a brief minute I was caught in a trap
like a unsuspecting bear I was caught!

You saw me and you hated me
as I fell to my face is disgrace!

I cried!
I cried!

Woe is me!
Woe is me!
I won't let you have control of me!

I remembered the words of my Father
and I obeyed the commands of His Torah!

Oh how you hated me for it!

You whispered to me
lies of destruction!

You attacked me all day long,
seeking to eat the flesh of my inside!

Like a blood sucking parasite,
you seek to drain all of the life from me!

But in truth,
I have seen your twisted scheme!

In light,
your lies have been made known to me!

There is only one way for me to go.
Only one path that leads to life!
What a narrow road it is!

I have cursed you,
oh my wretched heart.

Yes, because of your own evil,
you have already been sentenced
and you are surely cursed!

Oh my Father,
in whom I put all my trust!
YHWH, in whom I place all my hope!

Protect me from my enemies!
Protect me from doing wrong!

For I want to bear Your rightness!
I seek Your character!
I search for Your opinions and Your ways!
Yes, and I seek relief of all that is evil
and comfort from Your arms!