Dream

This is a dream I had on 4/25/2007:

I saw a white, plastic barrel and it was cut in half.
It appeared to be empty,
and yet it also appeared to have sand in it.
But then I looked yet again,
I could see that it was very black,
a deep, shiney, liquid looking black!
The blackest black that I have ever seen!

Then a voice came to me,
"What do you see?"
"Blackness", I said.

Hardship and hopelessness!

"Look closer", the voice said.
"What do you see?"

So I looked really close,
and I saw myself struggling,
not only me, but the whole barrel was full of people also!
(I immediately knew that these people *as numerous as the sands on the seashore* were all of Israel)

Then these word came to me:

"I have put you in a barrel of black
in order to demonstrate my power
to and through you!

Impossible odds stand against you,
so that I can rescue you!

Although I allow your slavery,
I do this so that I can save you!

Although I allow your oppression,
I will rescue- yes my strong right arm
will rescue you in a powerful way!

My mighty acts will be seen by friend and enemy alike
and they will surely fall on the enemy!

And my people will be refined like black oil in a barrel.
They will be tested and tried and refined!

Be strong because The Mighty One has complete control!

Hold out and endure!
All of My children are to understand and know
that I am coming to them soon!