Everything New!

Who are these people that are looking at me?
Everyday they follow me.
With transparent smile they approach me
trying to find a way in.

I guard my heart the best I can.
I call on You to pull me through!
I am tender and weak and easily broken,
like a frail branch in winter cold.

Nevertheless they come,
circling me like ravenous wolves!

Protect me Father!
Send your mercy to me!
I am as weak as a woman
and vulnerable as a child!

Cover me with your rightness.
Put your virtue deep inside me.
Then I cannot fail
and I will not let you down.

Please listen to me,
because I do not trust myself!
For your own sake,
make me succeed in doing right.
Then I can never go wrong,
and everyone will see your power through me!
I am depending on You,
because I cannot succeed on my own!

Help, a lion rages inside of me!
It stings like a scorpion,it is a deadly sin!

Don't abandon me now!
I need you more than ever!
My most feared enemy raps on my door!
She seeks to destroy me, to take me away!
Like a hostage, I cry,"Help! Save me!"

Oh whoring heart of mine!
Slutty mass of deception!
You are perverse in all your ways!
Why do you try to control me?
Who made you my master?
My own thoughts deceive me because of your lies!
When will you let me be!
Why won't you let me die in peace?

Oh if I could rip you out!
If only I could find you and catch you!
But you are as slippery as a snake!
As venomous as snake poison!

Go away all of you people!
Stop staring at me!
Why do you follow me around,
hoping to see me fall?
You will all die in your wait!
Your wait will last forever
and your smiles will all be broken!

The King is coming!
The King is coming!
My cries have been heard!
Now who holds the scepter?
Now who holds the keys?

Sing songs!
Celebrate!
Dance in the streets!
The hostages are free!
The righteous are avenged!

I have been made as strong as a lion
and happy as a child!
My enemies lay broken beneath my feet
and I am revived!

I am reborn like a tulip in spring!
Like a flower that is made new year after year after year after year!
I am like a sunny day after a stormy night,
because the rain has strengthened me and I am refreshed!

My heart is crushed
and I rejoice!
My thoughts renewed,
and I celebrate!

Listen to The King's decree!
Listen to what The King declares!
"Look Father, I make everything new!"