Beloved Daughter

Oh my daughter,
beloved daughter,
how you have come crashing down!

My heart is burning.
I am in deep mourning.
Shock and disgrace consume me!

You were once so beautiful!
Once such a delight!
But now you are desolate,
so empty!

Why do you run to do evil?
Why do you love only lies?
Why do you listen to serpents,
and push the truth far from your eyes?

Beloved daughter,
oh my beloved daughter!
You sold your birthright for a bowl of beans!

How can I praise you for foolishness?
How can I bless you for doing wrong?
How can I treat you as my special daughter,
when you refuse to call me your father?

Oh how I am grieved!
My heart sinks within me.
I am numb.
I am numb and empty.

If only I could find a way!
If only I could take your place!
If only I could make you see your foolishness,
yes, your utter foolishness!

Oh how the enemies entrapped you!
Yes, but you let them in!
You, my beautiful daughter,
you have done the wrong!

Zion is held by gentile!
Zion, my beauty and delight!
Why have you run to my enemy?
Why?
Please tell me why!

Wasn't I a father to you?
Did I not call you "My Dear"?
I raised you from your infancy!
I adopted you as my own!

Were you not born with nothing?
No father to call your own!
But I cradled you in my arms,
and chose to call you my child!

Oh my daughter!
My beautiful daughter Zion!
How could you do this to me?
How could you run to my enemy?
How could you sleep in his bed?

Shame and disgrace cover my face.
I am at a loss for words.
What can I say to make you see it?
What can I do to make you change?
Why do you refuse to feel guilty?
Why do you refuse my words?

Look at me.
I am dieing inside.

Look at me.
My tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth.

Watch me.
See how I gasp for air.

Watch me.
See how I struggle to breathe.
I can't breath,
because I am sobbing for you!
Yes, sobbing for you all night long!

Oh my aching soul!
Oh my dieing heart!
I am miserable,
because I seek my daughter
but she won't come to me!
I seek my child,
but she refuses my love!