Crushed

Oh that my heart were completely crushed!
A bloody mass of torn red tissue and slime!

Oh that my guts lay rotting in the streets
and my body unrecognizable in a far away place!

If you find me, keep walking.
Don't tell anyone where I am.

Let me lay in peace
while my bodily fluids evaporate in the stench of the summer heat
and my blood is soaked up by far away fields of green pasture.

I am lost in this unrecognizable place.
Terror is everywhere but there is no sign of Yah's Torah at all!

I am drained from such pathetic atmosphere.
I am fading away like a dying sunset.

Here I am
but I am no longer who I was.

Here I am
but I am a stranger in a foreign land.

Heart broken and alone,
I feel as useless as a wet stick.

I am treated as if diseased
and despised as if a vile criminal.

Oh that I could find justice on the earth!
Oh that I could find true righteousness!

I would cling to it as if clinging to an only child!
I would treasure it as one treasures his own life!

But no.
I lay broken and abandoned.
Forsaken and forgotten.

Where is my mother?
Where is the one who cradled me from birth so long ago?

Where is my father?
The one who beat me when I did wrong?

The land is overcome with injustice!
The courts are overtaken by criminals!

The righteous hide hungry in alleyways
while the pompous revel in gluttony!

The poor mans wounds are licked by dogs
and the rich mock while walking by!

For the righteous, it is better to die then to live!
For the truthful, it would have been better to have never been born at all.

Oh that my bones were completely crushed
and my heart a bloody mass of torn red tissue and slime!

Oh that my guts lay rotting in the streets
and my body unrecognizable in a far away place!

Far better is it for the righteous
to lay dead in an uncovered grave
then to live wildly in such a vile place!