Betrayed

Flames are raging
on the inside of my heart
My soul is livid
I am torn apart

My weak mind's wondering
where you are
I'm burning up inside-
I am torn apart

My conscience is bleeding
I am lost in vain
My pulse beating
my blood, my pain

Writhing whispers
Slow death and disdain
I'm here in vision,
but lost in rage

Where are you today?
Lost.
Betrayed.

The cold airs biting
my dying flame
Misery and anguish
consume my day
Tormenting torture
won't go away

Where are you today?
Lost.
Betrayed.

These sleepless nights
can last so long
I consider everything
that I did wrong

How perfect passion
can be so strong
How vicious appetites
right the wrong

Us damned and lowly
plead for peace
while vile conspirators
murder the weak

The perfect antidote
for life is death

Where are you today?
Lost.
Betrayed.