Spirit

Oh let my heart crumble to pieces.
Let it be ground into tiny specks of dust.

Let my feelings be stripped out of me
and my arrogance be thrown far away from me.

I want to be naked like a little child.

Reborn again.
Made freshly anew.

Oh how we humans destroy ourselves!
With deceitful hearts we hasten our own deaths!
Oh how foolish is mankind!
We lie to ourselves in order to die more hurriedly!

But You oh Yah,
You are like ice cold water in a scorching desert!
You flow from snow capped mountain tops,
quenching the thirst of all who truly trust in You!

You bring relief to the wise man
because in Your Spirit one finds Truth.

Let my Trust be in You Yah
because Your ways are Pure!

Let Your Spirit be my Guide oh Yah,
because in You there is Truth and Life!

With all of my breath I cry out to You!
Oh Yah, anoint me with Your Spirit,
Your Spirit is Life!

HalleluYah!
Praise Yah!