Promiscuous Woman

I married a promiscuous woman!
She has brought me shame and disgrace.
In the heat of the night I had sex with her
but she called me by her lover's name!

Oh, how I cried!
I cried all night long!
I cried and I cried and I cried!

Oh what a whore she was!
She refused to be faithful to me!
She chased other lovers time after time,
but I continued to take her back.

I loved her as a dear wife.
Like the virgin
that I once thought she was.
I cried and I cried and I cried and I cried,
yes even now I still cry.

She grew up in a small place.
Her father left her when
she was still young.
She was lonely and unhappy
and she longed to get away.

I found her there
and I thought to myself,
"what a beautiful woman she could be,
why should she to be this way!"

So I stood her up
and I hugged her tight,
and I kissed her on her forehead.

I bought her food
and expensive clothes
and anything else that she liked.

I thought for sure that
she would appreciate me
for the way I looked at her in pity.

Yes I thought she would love me
for my kindness to her.
I thought she would love me the same.
I thought she'd be thankful that I rescued her
from her barren life of despair.

Shameful woman!
Where is your virtue?
Have you no respect for yourself at all?

All your lovers have seen you dance naked,
but where are they now while you crawl?

You have forgotten who I am
and what I did for you!
You have forgotten who you are!
You have forgotten where you once were!

Oh shameful woman,
when will you change?
When will you learn to cry?

When will you stand up and run from your evil
and strive to do what is right?

All of my friends have seen me cry for you.
All of my family has watched.
All of my enemies gloat over me.
All of your lovers have mocked me and laughed.

I married a promiscuous woman!
She brought me shame and disgrace.
In the heat of the night she begged
to have sex with me,
yet she called me my enemies name!