Dog

On 5/9/2007 at about 5:00 AM I had this dream:


A voice in my dream said:

You animals!
You dogs!

You have defied your master,
rebelled against him!

There once was a man who owned a dog.
He kept it tied up to a tree in his yard,
tied up with a long rope.
He built a shelter for it,
a small dog house for it's protection
and he gave it food and water everyday.

It lived in peace and safety every day for months,
under the shade of a tree and with plenty to eat and drink.

But when the dog grew up, he became strong.
It chewed through the rope and broke away!
The man had to chase the dog around the neighborhood
and he was embarrassed when the neighbors saw him chasing his own dog!

But this dog was sneaky!
Very fast and very cunning!
It loved it's freedom!
The dog loved to run through every yard and every neighborhood street,
smelling every tree and every post along the way!

Whenever the man tried to catch the dog,
the dog would run off before he could be caught!
Finally the man cornered the dog between two perpendicular fences!
Yes, he finally caught his crafty dog!

He brought the dog home and tied him to the tree with a new rope,
an even thicker and stronger rope!

But soon this dog again broke lose!
The man became very frustrated and angry!
The neighbors mocked and laughed at him as he chased his dog through the neighborhood alleys and yards!
They watched in amusement as this cunning dog seemingly out-witted him and made a spectacle of him as it ran about looking for action!

All day long the man chased his dog,
until at last he again cornered and caught his rebellious dog!

He dragged the dog home in frustration!
He beat the dog and placed it in a metal cage!

Oh rebellious dogs,
what shall I do?

You mock Me and cause My neighbors to laugh at Me!

You bring Me shame and cause Me troubles!

I gave you food and water and a long rope!

I gave you shade and shelter and a future full of hope!

But you have broken free of Me
and lusted after your own ideas,
your own thoughts,
your own desires!

To what shall I bring you,
the gift of peace
or the beatings of punishment?

You say that you love Me,
but in My own presence,
in My own yard you bring Me shame,
you yourselves mock Me before My neighbors!

To what shall I bring you?
Rewards for your actions?
Yes, I will certainly bring you reward!
Your reward is in a cage!
Your reward will come in My beating you!

You rebels!
You dogs!

When will you heed the voice of your master?
When will you obey his words?

Did I buy you to beat you?
Does it appease Me to whip you?
Were you made to rebel?
Why do you refuse My Words?

How many times must I chase you?
When will you heed My voice?